Disable ap isolation

SOLVED Go to solution
Bluegoddess
Level 2
When I try to connect my chromecast to my wifi it will pop up an error saying chromecast is successfully set up but could not be found. Say I need to disable my ap isolation but I'm not sure how to do that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterW

Hello Bluegoddess,
Thank you for being a part of the TPG Community.
For verification purposes can you please send me a private message (PM) by clicking on my name
and provide the following information:
 Username
 Full Name
 Full Address
 D.O.B.

Can you also note the make and model of your modem/router

Below is some steps you may like to try on your modem but I will reply ASAP on receipt of the above.
Regards
PeterW
My TPG app for IOS and Android - https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Chromecast AP Disable

Step 1: Disable Access Point/AP isolation, also known as Client isolation or guest mode, on your router
- Your wi-fi network configuration preventsdevices from communicating with Chromecast. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. Please refer to your router documentation to learn how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings, or if you are attempting to connect theough a guest, hotel or public network with AP/client isolation, you will be unable to set up your Chromecast.
- If you are attempting to connect through a wi-fi extender, please check your extender settings. You need to disable SP isolation on your wi-fi extender before setting up Chromecast to work with your wi-fi network.

Step 2: Enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) also known as Mulitcast on your router.
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), also known as multicast, allows for the discovery of UPnP enabled devices on the same wi-fi network.
- You will need to enable the UPnP in your router settings. Pleae refer to your router manufacturer's documentation to learn how to enable UPnP on your router.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PeterW

Hello Bluegoddess,
Thank you for being a part of the TPG Community.
For verification purposes can you please send me a private message (PM) by clicking on my name
and provide the following information:
 Username
 Full Name
 Full Address
 D.O.B.

Can you also note the make and model of your modem/router

Below is some steps you may like to try on your modem but I will reply ASAP on receipt of the above.
Regards
PeterW
My TPG app for IOS and Android - https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Chromecast AP Disable

Step 1: Disable Access Point/AP isolation, also known as Client isolation or guest mode, on your router
- Your wi-fi network configuration preventsdevices from communicating with Chromecast. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to disable AP (access point) isolation, also known as client isolation, on your router. Please refer to your router documentation to learn how to disable AP isolation.
- If you do not have access to your router settings, or if you are attempting to connect theough a guest, hotel or public network with AP/client isolation, you will be unable to set up your Chromecast.
- If you are attempting to connect through a wi-fi extender, please check your extender settings. You need to disable SP isolation on your wi-fi extender before setting up Chromecast to work with your wi-fi network.

Step 2: Enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) also known as Mulitcast on your router.
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), also known as multicast, allows for the discovery of UPnP enabled devices on the same wi-fi network.
- You will need to enable the UPnP in your router settings. Pleae refer to your router manufacturer's documentation to learn how to enable UPnP on your router.