TPG Community

Get online support

DoDo HG659 To Nighthawk X6

CARTERO
Level 2

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me. Was advised to purchase the Nighthawk as the WiFi I get from the DoDo supplied DG659 is quite frankly rubbish. Ultmatly I want the Nighthawk to do all the Router and wif duties and the DG659 to litteral just pass the internet through I guess.

Thing is I have no idea how to even do this, have googled around and people mentio bridge mode, others mention setting things up in a DMZ???

I would be eternally grateful if somebody could guide me through!! Smiley Happy 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @CARTERO,

Welcome to the community!

We do not have information about the supplied modem/router of your ISP. But we do have existing threads about using a 3rd party router that you may find helpful please see links below.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me. Was advised to purchase the Nighthawk as the WiFi I get from the DoDo supplied DG659 is quite frankly rubbish. Ultmatly I want the Nighthawk to do all the Router and wif duties and the DG659 to litteral just pass the internet through I guess.

Thing is I have no idea how to even do this, have googled around and people mentio bridge mode, others mention setting things up in a DMZ???

I would be eternally grateful if somebody could guide me through!! Smiley Happy