TPG Community

Get online support

Faulty modem, no response to email

SOLVED Go to solution
gmustang
Level 3
Dear TPG,

I have emailed support 4 times over the last month, zero replies !!

My VR-1600v Modem does not longer output a 2.4 GHz WIFI signal.
No SSID is visible on various devices for the 2.4 GHz (both Apple and Android)
LED on the modem is ON for both 2.4G and 5G
In the modem setting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz are ENABLED

What I have done so far is:
- To disable the 2.4 and re-enabling again.
- Try different channel settings manually (1,6,11)
- Reboot the modem
- Factory hard reset (via pin in back of modem 10 sec.)

All with negative result.
Note that 5Ghz is working normally, also SSID is visible.

Please advice?

Thanks in advance,
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Thanks for your PM, @gmustang. We have already sent the request and we will be in touch as soon as a an update becomes available.

View solution in original post

Will

Hi @gmustang

We've checked our inbox, but we can't seem to locate any messages coming from the email address that you mentioned that you used to send the emails out.

Are you able to send to other email addresses successfully? And how are you sending emails? Are you using an email program or do you simply login to Postoffice online?

As for the modem replacement, you will be notified of the consignment details once it's available.

Regards,

gmustang
Level 3

Thanks Will,

My apologies I got a bit "snappy".

I appreciate you help, sometimes my patience runs out when I get repeated questions.

In the mean time I did receive the router/modem and it's all working now.

Thanks again to those involved for your assistance,

Cheers,

GJ

11 REPLIES 11
Riezl

Hi @gmustang,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to know that you're having issues with the modem and if you haven't received a reply from our support team.

We have located the account using your community details and we'd like to know what email address did you use and where did you send the email. Please send the details via PM.

We appreciate your effort in taking the time to troubleshoot and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Our record shows that your modem is still under warranty, thus we will request for a modem replacement.

We have tried to contact you on the mobile number we have on file today, but to no avail.

Please PM us the shipping address so we can proceed with the request.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

gmustang
Level 3
Thanks, pm sent
Riezl

Thanks for your PM, @gmustang. We have already sent the request and we will be in touch as soon as a an update becomes available.

gmustang
Level 3

Sent another PM, with the email details you asked for in your first post.

Cheers, G

Will

Hi @gmustang

We've checked our inbox, but we can't seem to locate any messages coming from the email address that you mentioned that you used to send the emails out.

Are you able to send to other email addresses successfully? And how are you sending emails? Are you using an email program or do you simply login to Postoffice online?

As for the modem replacement, you will be notified of the consignment details once it's available.

Regards,

gmustang
Level 3

Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Yes my email works fine thank you. They have all been sent Smiley Happy 

Will

Hi @gmustang

I'm not sure as to why we were not able to receive your emails. Did you get any bounce back messages that could perhaps explain it? Or you can send us screenshots of the messages you've sent so we can check why we're not able to receive your any of your emails. Just PM us the screenshots.

Regards,

gmustang
Level 3

I'm using an email program at home, outlook. No nothing bounced,

Second time you are questioning if I sent those emails, I'm not making it up...

PM-ed  you the requested screen shot.

Could we please proceed now with replacing my modem?

Regards.

GJ

Will

Hi @gmustang

I'm sorry if you feel that we're questioning your claim. It wasn't our intention. We simply want to ensure that we won't miss any emails from you. We will deal with this internally.

Your replacement modem was already dispatched via Startrack. Please refer to the SMS that was sent to you earlier providing the consignment details.

Regards,