Faulty modem

micklang
Level 2

I'm pretty sure I need to arrange a replacement modem for my NBN FTTN setup.

I think there was a lightening strike a while ago and the modem has been glitchy ever since. We've tried rebooting, factory resetting and line testing etc.

Things were ok for a while but now the wifi is dropping out multiple times a day and it's getting annoying enough that I'm happy to fork out some cash to replace it.

What's the process for a TPG preconfigured one or is there a recommended BYO one?

Thanks,

Mick.

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @micklang

Replacing the modem may or may not fix the issue hence it's best to check everything service-related to ensure that the issue won't reoccur. 

We'd be happy to perform troubleshooting along with you. Please send your Customer ID/username via private message so we can locate your and get you sorted. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

I'm pretty sure I need to arrange a replacement modem for my NBN FTTN setup.

I think there was a lightening strike a while ago and the modem has been glitchy ever since. We've tried rebooting, factory resetting and line testing etc.

Things were ok for a while but now the wifi is dropping out multiple times a day and it's getting annoying enough that I'm happy to fork out some cash to replace it.

What's the process for a TPG preconfigured one or is there a recommended BYO one?

Thanks,

Mick.

micklang
Level 2

Sent you a PM yesterday, are you going to contact?

Angeli

Hi @micklang

@Ahra_G is currently not available; hence, I am responding to you. Are you still having an issue with the connection? I can detect your modem that is active for more than 9 hours now.

Regards,
Angeli

micklang
Level 2

@Angeli wrote:

Hi @micklang

@Ahra_Gis currently not available; hence, I am responding to you. Are you still having an issue with the connection? I can detect your modem that is active for more than 9 hours now.

Regards,
Angeli

Yes, still having problems. I suspect, as I said in the first post that it's a problem on the modem/router/my end.

The wifi drops out often.

Thanks.

Angeli

Hi @micklang

I've arranged a callback with our tech team between 11AM-1PM ACT today. 

Regards, 

Angeli