TPG Community

Get online support

Fimware upgrade for Archer C1200

benny_3001
Level 2

Hi,

I have Archer C1200 v1.0 with firmware version 1.0.0 Build 20220729 rel.8183 (EU). Is there any new firmware that is available? My 2.4GHz network started to have issues with connecting, but 5GHz  works without any issues. Just wanted to check if we can try a new firmware.

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @benny_3001 ,

I can confirm that the modem has the latest firmware version. The firmware should not affect the performance of the Wi-Fi. What particular issues do you experience with the wireless connection? Could you provide more details?

Regards,

Hi,

I have Archer C1200 v1.0 with firmware version 1.0.0 Build 20220729 rel.8183 (EU). Is there any new firmware that is available? My 2.4GHz network started to have issues with connecting, but 5GHz  works without any issues. Just wanted to check if we can try a new firmware.

benny_3001
Level 2

Hi Shane, 

Since yesterday, some of the devices connected are not able to access internet. Sometimes, it disconnects from the 2.4GHz network and keep on reconnecting. When I changed the devices to the 5GHz network, they do not have the issue anymore. I tried rebooting the modem/router and also tried to reset it. However, the 2.4GHz network still not working great. I tried enabling the Guest network, but it experiences the same issue with 2.4GHz network. The 5GHz on the Guest network is working.

Regards,

Benny

Shane

Hi @benny_3001 ,

I appreciate the additional details. Let's try performing a factory reset on the modem and see how it goes.

Regards,

Hi Shane,

Since yesterday, some of the devices connected are not able to access internet. Sometimes, it disconnects from the 2.4GHz network and keep on reconnecting. When I changed the devices to the 5GHz network, they do not have the issue anymore. I tried rebooting the modem/router and also tried to reset it. However, the 2.4GHz network still not working great. I tried enabling the Guest network, but it experiences the same issue with 2.4GHz network. The 5GHz on the Guest network is working.

Regards,

benny_3001
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I have already tried the factory reset by holding down the reset for about 30seconds. This did not fix the issue.

Regards,

Benny

Shane

Hi @benny_3001 ,

No worries. I got you, shoot me a PM with your details and see what else we can do to rectify this ASAP.

How to send a PM

Regards,

Hi Shane,

I have already tried the factory reset by holding down the reset for about 30seconds. This did not fix the issue.

Regards,

Benny