Firmware Upgrade

BDawg1
Level 2

Hello,

I am experiancing internet drop outs and would like to upgrade my Archer V1600v V2 to the latest firmware to see if this resolved the issue.

6 REPLIES 6
BDawg1
Level 2

Here is the router info too.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

BasilDV

Thanks for reaching out @BDawg1

We'd like to forward your request to update the firmware of your modem/router.

Please send me a PM with your TPG Username or customer ID number.

Also, the dropouts that you are experiencing, is it via WiFi or Wired connection or both?

If via WiFi, then signal interference may be causing it. Check these articles that we've created that may help you improve your home WiFi network.

BasilDV

BDawg1
Level 2

Hey Basil,

The modem/router is setup in bridge mode to carry the DSL over to my firewall. When the internet goes out if i reboot the Archer 1600, after about 10 minutes it comes back online.

If i log into the firewall whilst the internet is offine, the WAN tells me it failed to login and will continue to fail till the Archer has been rebooted.

BasilDV

Hi @BDawg1

For our team to apply the firmware update, the TPG provided modem/router needs to carry the PPPoE configuration.

If the device is operating in bridge mode, then our team will not be able to detect it and apply the update.

Please disable the bridge mode, while waiting for the firmware to be updated.

BasilDV

BDawg1
Level 2

Is it possible to be sent the firmware file so i can log into the router and manually upload it?

BasilDV

It is not possible @BDawg1.

The firmware update is done remotely.