TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware update for Sagemcom 5G 5866T

millenhouse
Level 2

Hi, I can't set static IP addresses on my 5G modem, I get a message saying "Operation could not complete, something wrong happened" when I try to add a reserved address to a device.  I think it may be an old firmware version SGJy10021E.

How can I get an updated version?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @millenhouse . Can you provide a screenshot of the screen showing the address reservation details.

millenhouse
Level 2

Just after I posted this (and after hours of trying to get it to work), I've found that it works only if the new entries are added to the bottom of the list, when you click "Add reservation" it adds the new entry to the top of the list, and it won't work.   The entries that I have in there were populating existing blank rows, but I can't add any more as they go to the top of the list and it gives the Error message shown on the attachment.

david64
Level 15

@millenhouse . I think your firmware might be the latest but you can't get a straight answer form TPG.

The first time you started doing the reservations, was there already 5 empty rows to fill in?

TPG may have introduced a bug in the changes they have made to the firmware. Yours is the first I've seen doing reservations with the Sagemcom, or that have had a problem.

One thing you might try is to change the IPv4 Pool Start. Change it to 205. Don't make any more address reservations over 204. That gives 50 dynamic addresses.