TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware update for my NBN Archer VR1600v

erikcarlo999
Level 2

Hi all,

Looking to update my modem is there a required update for it. I can't seem to update myself as there is nowhere to find the update file to manually update.

details below

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @erikcarlo999 , please note that your modem has the latest firmware. We customise the firmware of the modem we provide and the upgrade is not available on our website nor TP Link website.

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

kendoali
Level 2

@erikcarlo999 wrote:

Hi all,

Looking to update my modem is there a required update for it. I can't seem to update myself as there is nowhere to find the update file to manually update.

details below for filme fast

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n 

Thanks!!!

eah I'm using a TPG VR1600v v2 with Exetel, no problems, I just unticked the VLAN ID and typed the PPPoE username and password and it works fine for me.

Edit: I have HFC so I don't have to worry about the VDSL settings side of things

I also logged into the router using the super user login and disabled the setting that allows TPG to remote into the Modem (not at home right now so can't remember what setting it was) but it was in the advanced at the very bottom somewhere when logged in as superuser.

Superuser Login Details: (unless firmware has changed it)
Username: su
Password: VExy!64a3ng