Can you check with HARDWARE VERSION your modem is?
It should looke something like this.
Firmware version - 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n
Hardware version - Archer VR1600v v1 00000000
These are the current firmware for the archer 1600v modems.
Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v1.0
NBN-FTTN/FTTB/HFC/FTTC = TP-Link VR1600: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n
TPG-FTTB = TP-Link VR1600: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n
Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v1.1 + v2.0
NBN-FTTN/FTTB/HFC/FTTC = TP-Link VR1600: 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n
TPG-FTTB = TP-Link VR1600: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n
There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Slow-speed-issue/ba-p/1197
• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...
• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...
We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-Check-for-NBN-Network-Outage/m-p/45557#M17...
yer i have compleat drop outs a few times a day where all devices dont work. im not sure if its a connection issue as its random but the house has been rewired with cat 6 cable and it's a direct line
I have checked your NBN-FTTN 50/20 service in our portals, and all tests are passing at this time.
Speed rate also says its 48.56mbps download speeds.
Try working through some of the tips i posted before.