TPG Community

Get online support

Firmware updates and security

SOLVED Go to solution
mm314
Level 2

Device manufacturers occasionally provide security updates to firmware. Who has the responsibility for keeping the firmware of my TPG-issued Archer VR1600v v1 secure? Is it TPG? Or do I need to find and install the firmware updates myself? If TPG owns this reponsibility, is it a task that is performed proactively? Or do I need to send a query every month to get a TPG technician to check my firmware version? Incidentally, I am currently running firmware version 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RajenS

Hi @mm314 

Yes, TPG Patch the firmware with customs setting for auto VOIP register, and Auth, its should meet NBN requirements,  if you made changes, VOIP and Auto Auth system will not work, the firmware is highly secured and custom Build,   

Thanks 
Rajen 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RajenS

Hi @mm314 

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please PM me your TPG username CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service

RajenS

Hi @mm314 

I just checked your router firmware remotely.
The firmware what router got is the latest one, and the software update and patches will be installed remotely.
These router firmware specially builds for TPG service only,
it is not manufacturer public firmware, because TPG care more about customers and TPG security

Many thanks
Rajen

mm314
Level 2

Thanks Rajen. Just to clarify:- do TPG customise/patch the firmware each time an update is made available by the device manufacturer?

Going forwards, how can I be certain that the most secure firmware has been installed on the device? Do I need to post a query to TPG every time there is a security flaw published about similar routers? Or will TPG proactively update/patch the firmware, and notify me, each time the firmware version is incremented?

RajenS

Hi @mm314 

Yes, TPG Patch the firmware with customs setting for auto VOIP register, and Auth, its should meet NBN requirements,  if you made changes, VOIP and Auto Auth system will not work, the firmware is highly secured and custom Build,   

Thanks 
Rajen