Free to Air channel

rabindrastha
Level 2
Nbn was connected few months ago with Antenna connected through it. Free to Air channel were working perfectly fine but due to the storm few days ago it stopped working. I thought it was the connection where the port and NBN modem was, but wasn't. I switched off and turned it on but still didn't work. Called NBN and they said it's nothing to do with them. Called TPG, on hold for long time and they keep transferring me to technical dept and again same long wait. So hopefully there is someone from TPG or someone from the community who can help to resolve the issue.
7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @rabindrastha . Can you provide a picture showing your NBN and Antenna connections?

rabindrastha
Level 2
Hi @david64,

Please see attached photos. One black box connected by NBN and antenna cable running to the port.
david64
Level 15

@rabindrastha . I'm not familiar with this type of connection. The pictures don't show the connections well. The cabling is messy and should be tidied up.

Before NBN, how did you get your free to air TV?

And your internet?

Now with NBN, does TV and internet come through FTTP?

Only guessing here. The fibre goes to OPT IN on Ascent black box which splits out the TV which goes to the coaxial wall socket.

The PON PASS goes to the white box in the picture. Is that a FTTP NBN box? An ethernet cable would got to a router. And another ethernet cable to a computer. I can see a yellow ethernet cable. What is the blue cable?

The Ascent box has a status LED for power supply and another for signal strength on fibre.

rabindrastha
Level 2
Before nbn, no free to air channel. It's a newly built house.
Yes, tv and internet come through FTTP.

The fibre goes to OPT IN on Ascent black box which splits out the TV which goes to the coaxial wall socket.----YES

The PON PASS goes to the white box in the picture. Is that a FTTP NBN box? ---YES

BLUE CABLE IS FOR SECURITY CAMERA.
david64
Level 15

@rabindrastha . What is the state of the 2 indicator lights on the Ascent box?

Does the coax cable go to a TV or video recorder or set top box?

rabindrastha
Level 2
No lights is on. Haven't noticed if any light to be on to be honest. One cable goes to the nbn box and another goes inside though the wall.
david64
Level 15

@rabindrastha . No lights means no power. Either Ascent box is broken or plug pack is broken or cable not plugged in or bad power point.