TPG Community

Get online support

Google speakers stop working after upgrade from NBN to 5G (Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem)

Sunshine
Level 2

I have Google Nest Audio and Google Nest Mini smart speakers, they was working perfectly when connected to NBN. Recently, I trial the 5G but since day 1 all my Google devices have stopped working. The error message from Google: "Sorry, something is not right, wait a few minutes and try setting it up again. You can also try unplugging this device and plugging it in again.". I have restarted the modem and performed all the suggested step as well as factory reset on the Google device but this still didn't fix the issue. I called TPG, the rep assisted to set the Wifi to 2.4Ghz but still couldn't fix the issue then he referred me to contact Google directly. Please help me to understand why the devices worked when connected to NBN but not 5G?

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Sunshine,

Most of the Smart Home Systems are not compatible with the CG-NAT which comes with our 5G home broadband service. 

For more details about our home broadband you may visit this link, https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/All-About-TPG-Home-Wireless-Broadband/m-p/95154#M.....

We suggest switching or changing to an NBN connection so we can utilise the smart home systems. Shoot us a PM with your details so we can arrange our Accounts Team to contact you.

Regards,

I have Google Nest Audio and Google Nest Mini smart speakers, they was working perfectly when connected to NBN. Recently, I trial the 5G but since day 1 all my Google devices have stopped working. The error message from Google: "Sorry, something is not right, wait a few minutes and try setting it up again. You can also try unplugging this device and plugging it in again.". I have restarted the modem and performed all the suggested step as well as factory reset on the Google device but this still didn't fix the issue. I called TPG, the rep assisted to set the Wifi to 2.4Ghz but still couldn't fix the issue then he referred me to contact Google directly. Please help me to understand why the devices worked when connected to NBN but not 5G?

david64
Level 15

Hi @Sunshine . Did you get the Google devices working on Sagemcom, or, did you switch back to NBN?