TPG Community

Get online support

HFC Modem replacement

AntQP
Level 2

My Archer 1600v died tonight (smells like burning). Does TPG provide a free replacement (its only 14 months old). In the meantime (until someone from TPG answers my chat) can someone recommend a basic modem I can buy in the shops that is compatible with the HFC network. I understand it will not have VOIP until TPG send a new one but I cannot wait until that comes and have to buy one this weekend.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
AntQP
Level 2

I know there is a world wide crisis on, but this Live Chat is very wanting. I waited 1/2 hour to get on the first time. The chat had been going for 10 mins then he said this will take a few minutes. I waited 15 then was chucked off the system. Signed in again. Waited an hour then it was ended before it started.

I ended up buy a new modem. The instructions TPG provides for setting it up are very poor. They expect everyone to get a modem from them, but after spending 2 hours on chat so far on a Saturday with no progress, I could be waiting weeks for a new modem if no one is sending them out.

FYI the VLAN setting were very confusing firstly to find in the routers menu and secondly to input the settings where TPG does not provide them (for telephony) and the router makes you input a figure. A lot of trial and error was needed. Unecessarily took hours.