TPG Community

Get online support

HG 659 reconnection issue

Richard987
Level 2

Hi TPG,

Having an issue with my HG 659 NBN modem. Every couple of days the internet will drop out, and the only way to get it working is to reboot the modem, or sometimes I even have to switch the modem off and on again.

This is causing problems with some software I'm working on. 

Is there a way to fix this reconnection/reboot issue after the internet drops out? Maybe a firmware update?

When the issue occurs chrome will display a page saying trying to connect, then it indicates its connected but then just displays the trying to connect page and cycles.

Thanks,

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @Richard987, we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID,username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Richard987
Level 2

Thanks, sent u a message

Riezl

Thanks for the details. We have checked the status of your connection and we cannot see any indication that the connection is dropping out.

We have requested for a firmware upgrade and we'll see if that will resolve the issue.

We'll let you know once the firmware upgrade is completed.