TPG Community

Get online support

Home Wireless Broadband

nightpathe
Level 3

i am considering moving over to the home wireless option  4g/5g but i need to know the name, make and model of the device, so the i can find and read the manual. need to know which devices supports wan connections to get bettter range with my  netgear XR1000

15 REPLIES 15
Ahra_G

Hi @nightpathe

We're ecstatic that you are interested in our 5G/Home Wireless services! 

More information about the services and equipment can be found on these links: 

PM away your service address and we'd also be glad to check the availability of the services in your area.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

nightpathe
Level 3

if i could get the info i needed, i wouldn't have had to asked here. the info i need is not listed, either in the critial info or anywhere. I am a sysadmin, i need to know which device is supplied, with each service on both 4g and 5g, and which of those suppports WAN. dont give me fluff, give me tech support

Ahra_G

Hi @nightpathe

The current 4G modem we send out is WiFi Cube 3 4G modem and Sagemcom 5866 5G Modem for our 5G Home Broadband service. 

Please note that the modem we send out may change depending on stocks.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

nightpathe
Level 3

does the wan connection actually work, does it actually allow devices to connect that have better range and security like a netgear wi fi xr1000. or is that disabled. can you or anybody else provide proof. if the device does not allow connection when i try.  what then 

Shane

Hi @nightpathe,

The WAN port of our supplied 4G or 5G modem/router should work using a 3rd party router.

Regards,

does the wan connection actually work, does it actually allow devices to connect that have better range and security like a netgear wi fi xr1000. or is that disabled. can you or anybody else provide proof. if the device does not allow connection when i try.  what then 

nightpathe
Level 3

can confirm wan port works as advertised with xr 1000 
but usbc port disabled /or non functioning due to firmware 
no Management options available for bandwidth limiting (relying on xr 1000 for advance functions)
need updated roadmap for usbc function and comfirmation of firmware version number (SGJy100058)

Shane

We appreciate the update, @nightpathe

For future inquiries feel free to shoot us a PM. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

can confirm wan port works as advertised with xr 1000 
but usbc port disabled /or non functioning due to firmware 
no Management options available for bandwidth limiting (relying on xr 1000 for advance functions)
need updated roadmap for usbc function and comfirmation of firmware version number (SGJy100058)

nightpathe
Level 3

comfirmation of firmware version number (SGJy100058) is still requested.

have you established a path to obatin updated firmware to customers.

have you told customsers that the device is not fully functional (usbc function not enabled) , because until i tried for myself i had no idea. 

Shane

We will check this with our Engineering Team to check if this feature is not enable with or supplied modem/router,

comfirmation of firmware version number (SGJy100058) is still requested.

have you established a path to obatin updated firmware to customers.

have you told customsers that the device is not fully functional (usbc function not enabled) , because until i tried for myself i had no idea.