TPG Community

Get online support

How can set VLAN ID in a TPG supplied modem Huawei HG659?

Level 2

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @7354966 ,

Below is an existing thread that discusses the basic troubleshooting and how to setup the VLAN ID of our supplied HG659.

Huawei Hg659

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response @Shane . I read that but didn't help, as it's not a solution to configure VLAN on HG659.

Some context, I need to configure VLAN in order to work on TPG data only plan. This HG659 was a modem supplied to me when I was on voice bundle but i no longer use VoIP phone. My BYO modem was down & sent for warranty, hence trying to make this HG659 works for the time being.

Shane

That make sense.

Since you have the internet only plan try to disable the VLAN ID on the modem/router settings.

You only need the following below to access the internet.

Username: Your TPG Username

Password: Your TPG Password

Connection Type/Encapsulation Smiley TonguePPoE

*For FTTN Select VDSL or VDSL2 as modulation type.

Let us know how it will go.

Thanks for the quick response @Shane . I read that but didn't help, as it's not a solution to configure VLAN on HG659.

Some context, I need to configure VLAN in order to work on TPG data only plan. This HG659 was a modem supplied to me when I was on voice bundle but i no longer use VoIP phone. My BYO modem was down & sent for warranty, hence trying to make this HG659 works for the time being.

Level 2

How do I disable VLAN setting? Like those on the other thread, we're not seeing that option on this modem. Could you point me to where I can configure VLAN on this model pls? Thanks @Shane 

Shane

Hi @7354966 ,

We coordinated this with our Engineering Team and confirm that our supplied HG659 do not have an option to disable the VLAN ID and it is not compatible with TPG Internet only plans.

Regards,

How do I disable VLAN setting? Like those on the other thread, we're not seeing that option on this modem. Could you point me to where I can configure VLAN on this model pls? Thanks @Shane