TPG Community

Get online support

How do I access dyndns with VX220-G2v?

SOLVED Go to solution
Darryl16b
Level 2

Just received new modem router -AX1500 VX220-G2v TP-Link. 

Need to be able to access dyndns service. However router does not have a user name. Apparently cannot tether unit either.  So how do I register / use dyndns service so I can access c- bus system remotely?? 

** annoying they keep changing basic things!!

Any help appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @Darryl16b . Are you saying the DDNS setup screen in this router has no username field for you to fill in?

Otherwise, it is the username (your email address) you chose when registering with the DDNS provider (Dyndns or NO-IP), and the password. When the router is given a new WAN ip address, it logs in to the DDNS provider with your username and password and updates the hostname.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @Darryl16b . Are you saying the DDNS setup screen in this router has no username field for you to fill in?

Otherwise, it is the username (your email address) you chose when registering with the DDNS provider (Dyndns or NO-IP), and the password. When the router is given a new WAN ip address, it logs in to the DDNS provider with your username and password and updates the hostname.

Shane

Hi @Darryl16b 

Let us help check this with our Engineering Team. could you shoot us a PM with your details together with the screenshot of the available options of the modem.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi @Darryl16b . Are you saying the DDNS setup screen in this router has no username field for you to fill in?

Darryl16b
Level 2

It helps when I enter the correct information. 

I was trying to enter the modem sign in when I should have been entering my Dyndns sign in! 

Apologies and thanks for the help.