TPG Community

Get online support

How do I upgrade my modem (Huawei HG659)

robertopp
Level 2

Long time TPG customer, now on NBN with a HG659. I'm having to reset my modem every day and its now rather limited in terms of what I can do with my home network as well as the Wi-Fi not being that great either in comparison to new modems.

How can I get either a firmware update or a new modem?

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @robertopp,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We appreciate your loyalty and we'd like to check what can be done to resolve the issue.

We have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

robertopp
Level 2

PM sent...

robertopp
Level 2

Still restricted with the features of my modem, how can I get a different modem that isn't so restrictive?

I want to bridge my connection and have my better router handle everything, but seems I cannot with my current HG659.

blackhat88
Level 4

Buy your own modem and connect it to the HG659 using an ethernet cable.

robertopp
Level 2

Need VOIP, otherwise I would.  I already have a router handling everything else, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot open any ports!

TPG do not share VOIP settings.

blackhat88
Level 4

That is the thing. Connect your HG659 to the NCD or whatever you are using to connect to the NBN network and add another modem (connected to the HG659). I do not see any problem with your VOIP if you add another modem. Advice me if I am wrong.