Follow the instructions below to set up the modem for 5G Home Broadband.
First, ensure you have:
A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
An available electrical outlet.
Turned off/disconnected other broadband services to ensure the installation of your new modem is successful.
1. Your TPG Micro SIM card has already been inserted for your convenience. Please do not remove the SIM card.
2. Place the modem in a clear, central location in your home. Placing the modem near a window may allow a stronger mobile network signal.
3. Use the supplied power cable to connect the modem’s POWER port to an available power outlet, then turn the modem on using the ON/OFF button.
4. Wait approximately 5 minutes for the modem’s 5G signal to turn GREENfor a Good signal.
5. If the 5G light is REDor YELLOW, power off and move your modem to another location and power on, ideally near a window and away from direct sunlight. The modem will direct you towards a better signal, please refer to image below:
6. You can use an additional Ethernet cable to connect a computer to any of the 3 LAN ports.
7. If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name (SSID) and password on the base of your modem.
5G Home Broadband modem - WiFi details Your modem will automatically connect your devices to the best WiFi network possible (i.e. 5GHz). Older devices may only be able to connect to the 2.4GHz WiFi. See Improving WiFi Signal.