TPG Community

Get online support

How to set port forwarding for RDP on new Sagemcom 5G router

SOLVED Go to solution
iamgoodcustomer
Level 2

Just got the new 5G Sagemcom 5G router from TPG.

Trying to setup the port forwarding to allow RDP to my computer

Could get it to work with this

Can someone please help?

Also why is my IP when i check on internet different to the public IP says on the router information 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @iamgoodcustomer . Port forwarding doesn't work on home wireless broadband (4G and 5G).

https://www.tpg.com.au/5g-home-broadband

What is CG-NAT and how does it affect 5G Home Broadband services?

Techy types should be aware that 5G Home Broadband uses CG-NAT. Carrier-grade NAT (Network Address Translation) is a type of network that assigns services with a private IP address, instead of a dynamic public IP address. Our network will then translate that private address into a public address. This means that the following items (which depend on internal NAT) will not work on 5G Home Broadband:

• Port forwarding
  • Hosting web, email or file servers internally
  • Smart Home systems (e.g. accessing security camera footage remotely, home automation and printers)
  • Remote Access (i.e. accessing your home computer or devices from another location)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @iamgoodcustomer . Port forwarding doesn't work on home wireless broadband (4G and 5G).

https://www.tpg.com.au/5g-home-broadband

What is CG-NAT and how does it affect 5G Home Broadband services?

Techy types should be aware that 5G Home Broadband uses CG-NAT. Carrier-grade NAT (Network Address Translation) is a type of network that assigns services with a private IP address, instead of a dynamic public IP address. Our network will then translate that private address into a public address. This means that the following items (which depend on internal NAT) will not work on 5G Home Broadband:

• Port forwarding
  • Hosting web, email or file servers internally
  • Smart Home systems (e.g. accessing security camera footage remotely, home automation and printers)
  • Remote Access (i.e. accessing your home computer or devices from another location)