TPG Community

Get online support

How to set up ASUS Modem DSL AC68U for IPTV?

SOLVED Go to solution
NEWGOOD
Level 3

Hi mates, 

I am currently with FTTB, I just bought the new modem which is ASUS AC 68U as it is much more powerful than the Huawei one TPG provides. I get the modem working, and internet is all fine except IPTV. 

I can use VLC player for IPTV as suggested by the link below, whiile using the Huawei modem.

https://www.tpg.com.au/iptv/fttb-windows

It stop working as soon as I switched to the new modem. So there is nothing wrong with the internet, but the setup of the modm. I was told Huawei modem is pre configured before delivered to the customer. 

Anyone can tell me how to configure my new ASUS modem, so I can watch IPTV as Huawei modem does? 

Much appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NEWGOOD
Level 3

Understand ! @Mc_Gerald

Anyway much appreciate your effort ! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mc_Gerald

Hi @NEWGOOD,

You can try to utilise the following steps below for the modem setup:

• In WAN please add PVC.

WAN Connection Type: Bridge
VLAN ID: 9
802.1P: 5

• Under LAN go to the IPTV tab
  • Choose IPTV STB Port: None
  • Select Remove VLAN TAG from DSL WAN.

For further help, please send a screenshot of the WAN and LAN settings to iptv_support@tpg.com.au.

Thanks!
Mc

NEWGOOD
Level 3

Hi Mc,

Thanks for your email.

I followed your instruction. It is still not working properly, as it appears error as below when I tried to open most of the channels. 

There is only one channel shows picture but it is always freezing. 

Just wondering should I adjust the settings further in the IPTV tab. The screenshot is attached below as well. 

Mc_Gerald

Hi @NEWGOOD,

Thanks for updating us. Will have this further assessed, can you please send us the answer to the following questions below:

When did you start using the new modem?:

Is the VLC player updated?:

In addition, can you please try to connect the HuaWei modem back and check if IPTV is still working.

Kind regards,

Mc

NEWGOOD
Level 3

Hi  @Mc_Gerald,

I got the ASUS modem for quite a while, and it is working well.

I still got the Huawei modem with me and I just tried use it to watch IPTV at 2 mintures ago, and IPTV works fine with it. Btw, the VLC player is the latest vesrsion. 

Much appreciate your help 

Mc_Gerald

Hi @NEWGOOD,

Thanks for the additional info.

I have consulted your case with our IPTV team, I'll get back to you on Tuesday as soon as I get a feedback from them.

Kind regards,

Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi @NEWGOOD,

We've heard back from our IPTV Team and I was advised that we do not have the expertise to configure the modem that you have, because we do not support that modem brand.

If the settings given above does not work, please use the Huawei modem if you wish to use TPG IPTV service.

Kind regards,

Mc

NEWGOOD
Level 3

Understand ! @Mc_Gerald

Anyway much appreciate your effort !