TP-Link TD-W9970 modem
ADSL2+ service setup and and modem configuration
Connecting Your Modem and Telephone Service
Note: If you requested to transfer (port) your existing phone number to your new TPG Voice service, please allow up to 5 business days for the porting process to complete.
Modem and phone are connected to separate wall sockets
Every connected telephony device in your premises must be connected to your phone wall socket/s using ADSL filters. Note that these telephony devices could be connected to different phone wall sockets around your home.
Connecting To ADSL2+
It may take up to 20 working days for your TPG service to be connected. To track the progress of your installation, visit www.tpg.com.au/install .
Once you receive confirmation from TPG that your service is active, turn on your modem router and leave it for a few minutes. The Internet light on the front of your router will become solid green. Your Internet connection should now be working.
Manually configuring modem (If required)
If the settings of the modem have been removed/deleted you can follow the below manual steps to re configure the TP link modem.
1. Open your browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
2. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login.
If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your modem interface.
3. After your successful login, click Quick Setup in the menu. Click Next to start Quick Setup.
4. Select your Region and Time Zone from the drop-down list, then click Next.
5.Select ADSL_TPG as the connection type. The rest of the options will be populated automatically.
6. Enter your TPG Username and Password. Click Next.
7. Click Next to continue.
8. You can change your Wi-Fi details or keep the default settings. The default Wi-Fi SSID (Wireless Network Name) is WiFi-XXXX (XXXX is a random 4 digit alphanumeric code printed on the sticker underneath your modem). By default, the WiFi password is printed on a sticker underneath your modem (Wireless Password/PIN). Click Next to continue.
9. Confirm all parameters are correct. Click Back to modify or click Save to make your configuration effective.You will see the Complete screen, click Finish to complete these settings.