TPG Community

Get online support

IPAD can connect to HUAWEI HG695 (software version: V100R001C216B112) but no internet access

SOLVED Go to solution
gungurru
Level 2

IPad can connect to HUAWEI HG695 (software version: V100R001C216B112) but no internet access.  Iphone 6 has internet access plus other android devices.  IPad can have internet access when connecting to other premises modem even using phone hotspot but not to HUAWEI HG695

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
orbistat
Level 8

Ok @gungurru I've just setup an iPad mini 1 running iOS 9.3.5 and connected to a HG659 running firmware V100R001C216B112 it connects no problem to either 2.4 or 5ghz bands, at this point i would do a factory reset on the HG659, you won't need to enter any login or VOIP details as it will auto configure to the network again, just allow a few minutes and see how you go.

IMG_0370.JPG

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @gungurru Welcome to the community, make sure you have hotspot turned off on any device that is also connected to the HG659, reset network settings on your iPad and reconnect to the HG659 and test again.

gungurru
Level 2

I did hotspot turned off on all device connected to HG659.  I also reset network setting on iPad and even reset iPad to factory setting but still doesn't have internet access.  Is the software version of my HG659 the updated version

orbistat
Level 8

Can you upload a screenshot of your WiFi settings like this example, there is a firmware version V100R001C216B113 however it won't have any effect over your current version affecting WiFi performance.

IMG_0022.PNG

gungurru
Level 2

It showed connected to HG659 but no internet.  No details of IP address, Subnet mask &.... show.  Try to renew lease but still no internetscreen.PNG

orbistat
Level 8

Yes the iPad hasn't been authenticated it seems, I'm guessing you've tried rebooting the HG659 and tried switching off WLAN and back on again? What model iPad are you trying to connect and what iOS version is it running? Have you tried to connect to both 2.5 and 5ghz bands?

gungurru
Level 2

Model Ipad:MD533X/A   Version:9.3.5(13G36).  Tries to reboot and switching off WLAN few time before; connected to 2.5 and 5ghz bands still no internet

gungurru
Level 2

I tried restore my iPad to factory setting, reboot HG659. switching off WLAN, forgot the network & etc.,  The only way that I do not try:  restore HG659 to factory setting:-  I worry about whether it will lost TPG configuration installed in TPG HG659 and end up the VOIP phone not working after restory to factory setting.

orbistat
Level 8

Ok @gungurru thanks for the info, it's a 1st generation iPad mini, being a 32bit device it may have a problem with the level of encryption on the HG659, try changing the encryption on the HG659 from AES to TKIP+AES in advanced wireless settings.

gungurru
Level 2

It originally set to TKIP-AES. Please see belowCapture2a.PNG