Internet hangs

jaonsaggy
Level 2

Hi,

The other day my home internet froze on all devices. I believe wifi actually stopped working. I power cycled my modem and noticed when it came back online my upload speed was reshaped back to 0.7Mbps up instead of 20Mbps. When I upgraded my plan TPG Technical support showed me how to reconfigure the Bandwidth in the modem as my origianal plan had the slower upload. I logged into the router and discovered the bandwiith settings had been lost in the power cycle. 

Here's the thing, since the power cycle my internet now hangs. When I do a speed test it will hang for like 20 seconds and then the test shows around 50Mbps down and around 20Mbps up as expected. The lag is on my macbook pro and TV so it's not a device issue. It appears to be the router which is an Archer VR1600v

The lag is affecting websites that I use for work because they come back with non response messages.

I have tried to reach out to technical support, but I keep getting a voice message saying to call back later. 

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @jaonsaggy ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community