TPG Community

Get online support

LAN not working/connecting

alas1976
Level 2

My Archer Vr1600v isn't connecting to LAN although Wireless connections work fine. Cause is unknown, suspected to be a firmware-related issue. This might be caused by never updating the modem's firmware. Due to Quarantine in my local-area I will be working from home and require the LAN to work ASAP.

Thank you in advance, Tina

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

You say your "wireless connections" (wifi devices phone/tablet?) can access the internet ok?

Archer isn't connecting to LAN? Do you mean the LAN1,2,3,4 light doesn't come on when you connect your computer by cable?

Or the LAN light on the NBN connection device is off?

alas1976
Level 2

Yes, all phones, tablets, laptops and other wireless device hook onto it and work perfectly. Just the Ethernet connections dont work with no lights turning on for the modem. Devices attempted to connect via Ethernet cables just don't have a response (not like 'No internet') they state to cable is plugged in whatsoever on both PCs.

Thank you for your quick response, Tina

david64
Level 15

One more thing. Has this problem only been noticed now that you are working from home? Do you not normally use ethernet devices?

david64
Level 15

Is this still a problem?

It might be firmware or the router could be broken. There's another call with same problem.

david64
Level 15

Another user reported a problem like yours. Some other user posted this suggestion.

TPG supplied modems come with a 12 month warranty. If you have had your modem less than 12 months try going to online chat...https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact and press the customer service button. You should be able to start the proccess of getting a replacement modem from customer support.