TPG Community

Get online support

Missing wi-fi icon in taskbar

SOLVED Go to solution
robertreid1
Level 2

The wi-fi icon is missing from the taskbar on my windows 11 desktop which is causing issues logging onto other devices which are not visible as wi-fi icon is missing. Have tried just about everthing to get the icon back without success. I did turn off my smart modem (VX420-G2h) then back on and noticed that the wi-fi icon was visible while the modem was rebooting but as soon as it was up and running correctly I again lost the wi-fi icon. How do I rectify this matter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @robertreid1 

Based on the screenshot you've provided the computer doesn't show that you have a WiFi/Wireless adapter.

If its coming in and out, then there's a possible fault within the adapter of your computer.

You may check if it's properly installed or update the software on it.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @robertreid1 

Have you checked if the WiFi is enabled on your computer?

Aside from the computer, are you experiencing issues with other devices connecting to your WiFi network?

Is this a Laptop or a Desktop computer?

BasilDV

robertreid1
Level 2

I do have wifi available but there is no wifi icon in network connections on my desktop PC so I am unable to see what devices are connected and what is not connected, all I can do is enter the modem password when connecting a new device - it either works or it does not. As new devices are not showing up I am unable to troubleshoot them At present I am trying to add a tp link wifi extender but it is not being recognisedmissing iconmissing icon

BasilDV

Hi @robertreid1 

Based on the screenshot you've provided the computer doesn't show that you have a WiFi/Wireless adapter.

If its coming in and out, then there's a possible fault within the adapter of your computer.

You may check if it's properly installed or update the software on it.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV