TPG Community

Get online support

Modem HG658 not working

kenwei
Level 2
My router is HG658 and not working today. All the lights is lit except wlan.
Here is how the lights indicate and they are all solid without flashing.

Power – Amber
Wan- green
Internet- Amber
Wlan- no light
Voip- Amber
Lan1-4 – green (I only got 1 Ethernet cable connected to Port 1)
Usb- green

Now my net doesn't work and my computer doesn't detect the router. I tried turning it off and on and the same lights are display. I tried the reset button but nothing happens.

My customer ID: 557xxxx
6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @kenwei,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your given details. I ran an initial test on your service it shows connected for 55m. I'd like to clarify if your computer won't be able to detect the wireless connection as it clearly shown on the posted screen shot that wireless/Wi-Fi is currently off.

We did an article that will help you retrieve your Wireless password available here Forgotten Your Wi-Fi Password?

Tell me how it will go.

Cheers!

kenwei
Level 2
Thank you Shane.
I borrow my friend's modem and it works. But my modem is not working even in my friend's house. Looks like my modem broken.
kenwei
Level 2
I am using my friend's router. Mine is broken. Could u replace it and send a new one, pls?
Thx
kenwei
Level 2
I am using my friend's router. Mine is broken. Could u replace it and send a new one, pls?
Thx
Erika

Hi @kenwei,

Thanks for letting us know! I believe that's the reason why the test result shows that you're connected to our server. 

I would recommend to speak with one of our technical support as we would need to confirm further details with you. 

Can you please send us a Private Message with your best contact time and number so that I can arrange this for you? 

For your reference, please see How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards, 

Erika

Thanks for sending your details @kenwei via Private Message! 

I've now arrange a call from one of our technicians tomorrow, Monday, 8 October between 8:30am - 9:30am WA. 

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Regards,