TPG Community

Get online support

Modem Router dropping out constantly

SOLVED Go to solution
sbrc
Level 2

We have a TP Link Archer VR1600v which is 4 years old.

Yesterday, we installed three wifi security cameras and a wired local hub. With all three devices the modem is getting hot and drops out constantly. Although, the cameras are not recording and not in detection mode the modem can't handle this. Prior to the security cameras, we only streamed videos on maybe one or two devices.

Question 1 - Is there any other way to contact TPG support other than their 131 423 number? I was in the waiting line for over 50 minutes before I hang up.

Question 2 - Is it worth purchasing a new modem router or would I need to got through TPG support on that?

Question 3 - Does it have to be the same brand and model or can it be another one (recommendation are appriciated)?

Question 4 - Is it worth moving to another provider that offers better support (if that even exists)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @sbrc 

Question 2 - Is it worth purchasing a new modem router or would I need to got through TPG support on that?

- If you are under the bundled NBN service, then you need a TPG provided modem/router for the VoIP to work. If you are on a data only plan, then any third party modem/router should work.

Question 3 - Does it have to be the same brand and model or can it be another one (recommendation are appriciated)?

- A new model is now available for our customer, which is the TP-Link Vx220 and it is a WiFi 6 modem/router. You can also get a third party modem/router. just configure it with your TPG credentials.

If you need further assistance, just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @sbrc 

- If you are under the bundled NBN service, then you need a TPG provided modem/router for the VoIP to work. If you are on a data only plan, then any third party modem/router should work.

- A new model is now available for our customer, which is the TP-Link Vx220 and it is a WiFi 6 modem/router. You can also get a third party modem/router. just configure it with your TPG credentials.

If you need further assistance, just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV