TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC Settings for Nighthawk X6 AC3200

craigb
Level 2

Hi Folks,

Had my NBN FTTC installed today, for ease I used the TPG supplied TP-Link AC1600 and it works well. I had purchased a Netgear Nighthawk to use and tonight I went to install it and alas no internet on my devices. All the lights are on the NBN NCD and all the right lights are on the NetGear Router but devices and the install Wizard can't get internet. Any suggestions? 

ps I powered off the NCD and then plugged in the router but no joy.

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
craigb
Level 2

Been trouble shooting for a couple of days, configured the new router with all the PPoE settings etc. Only thing I cannot find is in the Nighthawk X6 AC3200 menu there is no configurable vdsl setting and posts I have read says it needs to be set at vdsl 2.

meilynp1
Level 2
I am having the same issues. Have powered down the modem, entered the PPOE password etc and still the router can’t connect to the internet. Any help appreciated
DustinMartin
Level 2

I am having the same issue with the NetGear Nighthawk AC1900 where I can't get an internet connection that will allow me to install the firmware. Tried to contact support but I keep getting the 'Our team members are currently serving other customers. We appreciate your patience. Please try again later.' message

craigb
Level 2

I got it working... Go into Advanced Setup, down the bottom there is an option for Vlan/IPTV. Go in and enable vlan end edit the ID to 2 (mine was set at 10 by default) and away it went!.

gedihwood
Level 2

Thank you, craigb! This worked for me