TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTP Google NEST Wifi Setup

ryanjm83
Level 2

I am trying to setup a Google Mesh Wifi Router with TPG FTTP

I disconnected my TPG supplied Router and pluged ethernet from NBN box into the WAN port of Mesh.

Ran through setop and selected PPPoe

Put in my tpg username  and password (presuming they are the same as the ones I use to log in to "TPG My Account"

and select Save

I then get after a while

"Configuring PPPoE failed. Please note that VLAN ID tagging is not supported"

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Angeli

Hi @ryanjm83

For the NBN FTTP technology, you need a router that is NBN ready to be connected directly to the NBN NTD box. If the Google mesh has a router capability, then it can be connected directly to the NBN NTD box. You just need to configure it with the correct PPPoE Username and Password (TPG credentials). 

You may use this article as a guide only: How to set up TP-LINK C1200 modem for Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

ryanjm83
Level 2

I think the issue may be with my username/password as i get the exact same message if i put  in a wrong username password on purpose. 

I connected my TPG supplied modem and logged into in and it had a username in it settings but no password (actually had a nopassword message in the box)  I entered in my password in the tpg modem and confirmed it. Now the TPG modem shows username with @TPG.com.au after it an password displays with what I changed it too. If I log out and log back in the modem still shows the password. Is username without @TPG.com.au? I logged into myaccount online too and update password there as well.

Angeli

Yes, you should enter the username without the domain. 

ryanjm83
Level 2

I updated my password in the "My Account" section of the TPG website.  I updated it to the same I used to log in to the "My Account".  Still no luck.  I am confident I have FTTP and have connected the Google Mesh WAN port to to my NBN Box. I know my NBN is working ok has my TPG modem works fine.  I disconnected the ethernet cable from the WAN port on the DLink Router and connected it to the WAN port on the Google MEsh. Everywhere I read on here and TPG website said I choose PPPoE on the Google Mesh when setting up, enter my username and password and it would connect.  I have attached 3 pics (2 of settings in TPG Router and 1 of message from Google Mesh.

Angeli

Hi @ryanjm83

The VLAN tagging for NBN FTTP should be disabled. Can you please check again your modem settings? 

ryanjm83
Level 2

THe Google Wifi Router doesnt support VLAN tagging so that shouldnt be an issue. I notice on my TPLink Router it has username as ryanmclaren@tpg.com.au (Pic attached) I have just been entering ryanmclaren into the Google Router Setup as that's what I was told.  Also attached a screen shot of PPPoE eWAN info on TPLINK

Angeli

Hi @ryanjm83

Can you try to include the domain on the PPPoE on your mobile WAN settings?