TPG Community

Get online support

NBN box taking ages to connect every time turned on

DixieDean60
Level 2

Okay so since a couple of weeks ago, every time I turn the nbn box on in the morning, it takes up to 2 hours to connect to the network.
The modem turns on fine no problem, it's just the actual nbn box.

This started happening after we turned it off during a storm. Turned it on after and took ages to connect. Thought it was a one off.
The box will eventually connect and it used to take only a few mins. Now it's up to 2 hours.

Apart from this network is great once connected we are getting a steady 50mbps all day everyday.

any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @DixieDean60 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, I would love to help raise this to our Technical Team for further test and investigation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). Also include your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@DixieDean60 wrote:

Okay so since a couple of weeks ago, every time I turn the nbn box on in the morning, it takes up to 2 hours to connect to the network.
The modem turns on fine no problem, it's just the actual nbn box.

This started happening after we turned it off during a storm. Turned it on after and took ages to connect. Thought it was a one off.
The box will eventually connect and it used to take only a few mins. Now it's up to 2 hours.

Apart from this network is great once connected we are getting a steady 50mbps all day everyday.

any ideas?