TPG Community

Get online support

NBN installed unable to programme modem

lukerafferty
Level 2

Hi Everyone

i have recently had my nbn activated on Fttc Network Connection decive. i had a modem from my previous internet supplier IInet. the Modem is branded IInet Connect better. My internet is now active but when i try to configure my modem i keep going back to the same page. i have attached the page can you help please.

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @lukerafferty . Your screenshot seems to show the config panel for the ethernet port on your computer. Its local address is 10.1.1.181. What operating system is it?

When you try to configure the iiNet device, do you put 10.1.1.1 in the address bar?

Does the iiNet device have a proper model number on it?

lukerafferty
Level 2

Hi David my singal light on the modem still show red for no signal i have entered 10.1.1.1 in the address bar and accessed the modem i have attached a screen shot. am i on the right track. 

david64
Level 15

@lukerafferty . You are on the router configuration main menu. It says the DSL and ethernet is disconnected.

What type of NBN connection do you have? Is there a NBN box?

Which box has the red light?

lukerafferty
Level 2

Hi David i have no idea what i am doing or what i am on. the router is nbn this has the red light on where it should say internet connected. im current using tpg this box has all blues lights on 

david64
Level 15

@lukerafferty . If the NBN box has 4 blue lights, that is FTTC connection. And it is connected through NBN network and connected to the router. 

Could you attach a picture showing the cables between NBN box and router?

In the config menu, the setup will be done in the Broadband and Internet sections.

The settings are: PPPoE, username + @.tpg.com.au and password. Also needed, VLAN ID=2.

Can you look at the label on the router and see if there is a model number.