NBN modem clicking

kb2284
Level 2
Have had our TPG NBN modem for over 2 years and never had an issue. This morning was intermittently working until it just stopped, was very hot, so turned off, unplugged it, left it to cool down and now the only light on is the blue power light, the chain link light is flashing red and the DSL and LAN lights are off. Not outages in my area, so need to know if I need to request a new modem ASAP. I rang before and was told 48hrs before engineering could look at it. With wet weather and three kids at home all weekend and limited phone service need to resolve ASAP
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Welcome to the community, @kb2284 !

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help check the status of the escalated fault and chase this iwth our Engineering Team. Please send me a Private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Have had our TPG NBN modem for over 2 years and never had an issue. This morning was intermittently working until it just stopped, was very hot, so turned off, unplugged it, left it to cool down and now the only light on is the blue power light, the chain link light is flashing red and the DSL and LAN lights are off. Not outages in my area, so need to know if I need to request a new modem ASAP. I rang before and was told 48hrs before engineering could look at it. With wet weather and three kids at home all weekend and limited phone service need to resolve ASAP