NBN100 speed

SOLVED Go to solution
dpeeyo
Level 2
Hi, I've recently upgraded to NBN100 and I'm only able to achieve half the speed on PC( with 5g), but with phone devices I'm able to achieve the actual speed on 5G network...any idea why my PC can't achieve the speed given? I also have problems connecting to 5g network aswell on the PC. The only way to connect through 5Ghz on PC is to go into router settings and change the channel width to 20mhz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpeeyo
Level 2

Ok so i have resetted network settings on my PC, it seems to have solved the problem for now as I am getting around 80Mbps, which is highest i've gotten.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Master

Hi @dpeeyo . In the PC wifi adapter properties, are you forcing particular values for any settings rather than defaults, eg. speed and duplex?

On your phone, what is the wifi connection speed between phone and router. This is the MHz speed shown in the wifi connection, nothing to do with the speeds shown in speedtest.

What is the wifi speed shown on the PC? It is shown in the wifi connection icon in system tray?

How old is PC compared to phone? Age might affect channel width on PC.

dpeeyo
Level 2

In the wifi adapter properties( TP-Link Archer T600U AC600 Nano USB Adapter) , i was forcing the wireless properties on IEE802.11a/n/ac to connect to the 5GHZ wifi, this only works when I change the channel width within the router to 20Mhz but has trouble staying connected.  As of right now my internet is so slow with the speed of 72mbps and its having trouble connecting to 5Ghz. The PC itself has been updated regularly; so I wouldnt say it is that old..... 

Screenshot 2023-02-28 180043.jpg

While on my phone (S23 Ultra) I am achieving well over 100mbps. My network speed from my phone is currently 526 Mbps.. 

dpeeyo
Level 2

Best download speed I can achieve would be when I'm connected to 5Ghz by changing the wireless property adapter to IEEE 802.11ac and changing the channel width to 20MHZ through the router settings.

5G.jpg

But because I'm on NBN100, I was expecting similarity to the 5Ghz on my phone which was above 100MBPS download speed.  

dpeeyo
Level 2

Ok so i have resetted network settings on my PC, it seems to have solved the problem for now as I am getting around 80Mbps, which is highest i've gotten.  

david64
Master

@dpeeyo . The T600U has speeds of 200Mbps on 2.4GHz and 433 Mbps on 5GHz.

Windows Task Manager Networking tab has Link Speed column to show the wifi connection speed to the router. 

Or, left click wifi icon in System tray, right click the Connected network, left click Status.

You may not want to do the following now.

Can you do this command:     netsh wlan show all

Lists all surrounding wifi networks: signal strength and channel.

Can you try connecting the computer to the 2.4 network. Best channel is 1 or 6 or 11. Whichever channel is not used by any other network. Or, one where you are receiving a weak signal relative to your own network.

My laptop attaches to 2.4 network at 72.2 Mbps (1m distance).

For comparison, the command     ping -l 65000 192.168.1.1     has a response time of 23 - 30 ms.