TPG Community

Get online support

Nest Security and Protect needs IPV6

hartoz
Level 2

Having just spent a fortune having a whole bunch of Nest security installed I was shocked to discover that NONE of it works properly on TPG Internet because you don't pass IPV6.

When will this 25 year old Industry Standard IP Protocol be supported by TPG, or should I be looking at a more technological adept NBN Provider?

Right Now I have spent a lot of money on a system that doesn't work because your 25 years behind the curve.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @hartoz ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We escalated this to our Network Engineering Team for investigation. We'll provide you feedback when it becomes available.

Regards,

@hartoz wrote:

Having just spent a fortune having a whole bunch of Nest security installed I was shocked to discover that NONE of it works properly on TPG Internet because you don't pass IPV6.

When will this 25 year old Industry Standard IP Protocol be supported by TPG, or should I be looking at a more technological adept NBN Provider?

Right Now I have spent a lot of money on a system that doesn't work because your 25 years behind the curve.

dlucre
Level 2

Please ensure this doesn't fall on deaf ears.  IPv6 is becoming more important every day and TPG having their head in the sand is becoming a serious problem for me too.