TPG Community

Get online support

Netcomm Router continually dropping out on ethernet

Muzzi
Level 2

Hi, I have a Netcomm N300 Wireless Router NF12 and for the past few months I have been experiencing intermittent dropouts of the internet. I believe the router is at fault, it can happen as much as 3 or 4 times an hour to just a couple of times a day.

If I reboot the router the problem is fixed for about a day, sometimes less, and then for no reason it will continue to drop out.

edit: i forgot to mention this only occurs on the ethernet, and from any port. Wifi is always connected.

What should I do? Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

6 REPLIES 6
Mc_Gerald

Hi @Muzzi,

Welcome to community! 

We've managed to run some remote test on your service and everything looks fine. Have you tried a different LAN cable for comparative testing?

Regards,

-Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi @Muzzi,

Hope you're having a great day. Just doing a follow-up regarding the connectivity issues raised last Tuesday. Please let me know should you need further contact for troubleshooting assistance. Keep in touch! 

-Mc

Riezl

Hi @Muzzi, we have tried to contact you, but to no avail.

Please provide us your most convenient time to receive a call so we can organise for a callback to be made.

We'll wait for your response. Thank you.

Desjac83
Level 2
Hi,

I have been having this same problem for months now and no one can seem to fix it for me.

I’m running a business from this address, so it’s urgent that it’s fixed.

Is there anyone that can help me, was this issue solved for your other customer?
I have the Sam router ets as they have listed in the initial complaint.thanks
Shane

Hi @Desjac83,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what causes dropouts on your service.

I tried to use your community details unfortunately no match.

To better understand the situation I'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Desjac83,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran initial tests on your service and it shows connected for 4d 18h 15m getting a passing speed on the line.

Do you experience dropouts on your wireless devices(s)? We did an article that will help you improve your wireless connection available here. Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!