TPG Community

Get online support

Netgear wireless extender EX3110

Wilkoma1
Level 2

I received a new modem from TPG so had to reconnect all devices to the new wifi.  I cannot connect the extender.  Just wondering if the WPS button on the modem works as when I try to connect using WPS as per instructions it cannot connect.  Any help would be appreciated. Wondering if I need to buy a new one but they still sell this one.

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @Wilkoma1 . What is the model number of the wifi router?

You may have to login to router admin and enable WPS function in Wireless settings.

Wilkoma1
Level 2

Thanks for your reply David . The modem is VX220-G2V

david64
Level 15

@Wilkoma1 . If WPS is not working, connect your wifi device to the extender's wifi and use your device's browser to configure the extender.

Can your wifi device detect both networks from the :VX220?

Wilkoma1
Level 2

Hi David I have tried to connect that way but when I connect to the extenders wifi I am told I have no internet as it is not connected to TPG.   I had no trouble with the previous modem.  Should the WPS light be on on the modem.  I'm not real savvy on this stuff but can usually work it out but not this time.  I just worry if I buy a new extender I will have the same problem

david64
Level 15

@Wilkoma1 . I presume if you connect to the VX directly that everything works, ethernet and wifi.

On the VX, if you can't verify that WPS is enabled, you have to use the browser method to configure the extender. Just logging in to the extender doesn't do anything. You have to select which wifi network to connect to. The extender probably detects several surrounding networks.

Do you have the installation guide or user manual for the extender? They can be downloaded from the Netgear site.

Wilkoma1
Level 2

Thanks David, I rang TPG and discovered that the WPS was not enabled. All good now

thanks for your help