TPG Community

Get online support

New 5G Modem Old iPad Unable to join the newtork

funbagels2021
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your response. One of your earlier replies I think has helped find the issue to the problem. The iPad is able to connect to the Sagemcom Fast 5866T's WiFi when no password is selected, i.e. Security is set to 'None'. Would I be right in saying then that it's not the wireless mode that is the issue?

The unfortunate thing is that I can only see one security option in the modem's settings and that is 'WPA2-WPA3-Personal'. Is there anyway that this security setting could be changed to something that uses an older security protocol as per your post on the 14th August (as per screenshot attached).

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @funbagels2021

Could you provide us the screenshot of the full screen?

Have you checked the other tabs under the WiFi settings?

BasilDV

funbagels2021
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Please see attached screenshot with the WiFi settings. I've tried looking through the tabs, changed the channel selection, turned off and on WPS, changed the wireless mode and bandwith etc. 

As I touched on earlier, the iPad is able to connect when I do not have a password setup, so I'm hoping you're able to assist allowing an older security protocol on this modem to allow my iPad to connect.

Thanks

BasilDV

Thank you @funbagels2021.

We'll raise this to our Access Engineers to further check.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

paulsmog75
Level 2

Hi,

Like all the others with older iPads, mine also cannot connect to the new TPG 5G Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem, unless security setting is set to NONE.

For some reason I cannot locate any info on this modem on Sagemcom website, and firmware is nowhere to be found.

Can TPG please acknowledge there is an issue with this and provide updated firmware with alternative security setting options?

Shane

Hi @paulsmog75,

There is no issue with the firmware that comes with our supplied modem. It is just happened that older devices are not compatible with the new security protocol that comes with our supplied Sagemcom modem which is only the WPA2/WPA3 security.

If the olded devices are not compatible with the said security protocol, then you may use your old modem/router as an access point for you to be able to connect your old devices.

Hi,

Like all the others with older iPads, mine also cannot connect to the new TPG 5G Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem, unless security setting is set to NONE.

For some reason I cannot locate any info on this modem on Sagemcom website, and firmware is nowhere to be found.

Can TPG please acknowledge there is an issue with this and provide updated firmware with alternative security setting options?