New NBN service

stefanzammit
Level 2
Hi,
Have just received my new modem (AC-1600). My NBN service has been active for a few days as there was a delay in receiving my modem (received emails confirming). I have setup the modem as per the instructions but keep getting the message that "your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured". I waited to initial 30 mins with no results, so restarted the modem, but was still receiving the same message.
Can you help?
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @stefanzammit . Have you been notified that your connection is ready to go?

What lights are lit on the NBN box and router?

Can you login to the router and set your own username and password?

stefanzammit
Level 2
Hi david64,
Yes I've been notified that the service is active via email. The router shows solidgreen lights on Power, Internet, WAN and both 2.4 and 5G. NBN box has solid green on Power, flashing green on Optical and flickering Orange on the Uni-D port.
I've just tried the configuration myself and still got the same message when I tried to reconnect to the internet.
david64
Level 15

@stefanzammit . Looking at other threads on this problem, either TPG have the wrong information in their system about your router or the auto config has failed. You can try a factory reset on the router and put in the three settings again.

All the lights are correct and indicate a connection to TPG but it might be to the auto config server rather than your user account.

If it still doesn't work, open a new thread as before and include the info on the lights on each box and what the username is in the router config.