TPG Community

Get online support

New TP-link Archer AXE75 router to replace old Huawei HG659 wifi router

SOLVED Go to solution
kevin37
Level 2

I try to set up the TP-Link Archer AXE75 wifi router , but get no internet every LED light show solid green except the internet LED light show orange.  Just can not the internet , I put back my old tpg Huawei HG659 wifi router, the internet working fine.  What is the problem? Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @kevin37 . Following is from a thread for AX73. It has same setup for VLAN as AXE75.

The AX73 has to be in Wireless Router Mode. Go to Advanced > System > Operation Mode.

If you are only on a standard NBN plan (not Superfast/Ultrafast), you will need to set VLAN ID.

This iiNet article has the setup for Archer C9 which is similar to (not quite the same as) the AX73.

https://help.iinet.net.au/how-set-tp-link-archer-c9-nbn-hfc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @kevin37 . Following is from a thread for AX73. It has same setup for VLAN as AXE75.

The AX73 has to be in Wireless Router Mode. Go to Advanced > System > Operation Mode.

If you are only on a standard NBN plan (not Superfast/Ultrafast), you will need to set VLAN ID.

This iiNet article has the setup for Archer C9 which is similar to (not quite the same as) the AX73.

https://help.iinet.net.au/how-set-tp-link-archer-c9-nbn-hfc

kevin37
Level 2

Hello to David64,

After posting my problem of set up the TP-Link Archer AXE75, I was provided with how to set up the wifi router, and after first try,  My New TP-Link Archer AXE75 wifi 6 router work, now with internet throughout the house.   The solution provided by david64  work the first time,  I call to TPG technical line and I was ask to wait 24 hours , some one from TPG will call me and go through how to set up the router.  I never got a call back. I guess TPG technical department is not sure how to set up the new TP-Link router.  Very dissatisfy with TPG service.   

Thank you so much to David64 for the help to set up the new wifi router to work with Australia NBN modem.  I go through TP-Link support site with Video on how to set up and get the internet routing on the new router But the Video end up telling you the general set up , not specific instruction to work with Australia NBN internet modem.  I am very appreciative of david64 helps, work the first time and save me alot of reading and waiting help from TPG technical help.

Regards,

Kevin37