TPG Community

Get online support

No internet connection

kaliopibouyesi
Level 2
I have been on hold waiting to connect to someone on TPG Support for over an hour and a half.
For the past few months our internet has had no connection.
You can see the network when trying to connect but once connected it says ‘no internet connection’

All lights on NBN box are blue, LAN flashes occasionally.
The modem DSL light is not on.

I have reset the modem and followed all support advice that I have found and still no internet connection
12 REPLIES 12
david64
Level 15

Hi @kaliopibouyesi . The 4 blue lights are working properly.

What model router do you have?

Is it only wifi devices affected or is it not working for ethernet computers as well?

kaliopibouyesi
Level 2
I have attached a photo of the modem.
I don’t have it connected via Ethernet
david64
Level 15

@kaliopibouyesi . Are the 2.4G and 5G lights lit on the front of the router?

If not, press the left hand button on the top edge of router.

If the lights don't come on, the wifi must be disabled in the router config.

kaliopibouyesi
Level 2
Yes they are
david64
Level 15

@kaliopibouyesi . Was this working before and just stopped working a few months ago?

Can you provide a screenshot of the error you get - internet unavailable.

Can you login to the router admin. In browser, address field is 192.168.1.1.

Username and password are admin and admin.

kaliopibouyesi
Level 2
It has been working on and off over the past few months.
A couple weeks ago I called because it had not been working for a week and got through to someone from TPG and we had scheduled for someone to come and look at it the next day - then it miraculously started working so cancelled

Screenshot attached of what comes up when logged in

david64
Level 15

@kaliopibouyesi . Go to Advanced, Network, EWAN.

What is the status of interface  ewan_pppoe?

If Disconnected, click Connect in Operation column.

If it doesn't connect, click Modify icon. This will display the settings for the NBN connection.

Check it has your username and password, and Default Gateway is ewan_pppoe.

Can you provide a screenshot of this screen. Edit the picture to remove your username.

Have you done a factory reset on this? It may do its own auto-config from TPG server or you can do it yourself. 

kaliopibouyesi
Level 2
I have attached a screenshot of what it shows, that it is connected.

After looking through the modifications is shows the email address as the TPG email that we were initially given when we joined TPG but we do not use that email anymore and from memory I received an email a few weeks ago that said that that email would be disabled?
Could this be the reason it’s not working?
david64
Level 15

@kaliopibouyesi . It would be best if your register your internet username to be transferred to TMC. There might be a connection between it and your email address. At the moment, there is no downside to registering your email address and the internet username as well. The verification email will be sent to the internet email address, so you'll need to access Post Office to carry out the verification process. 

I can't explain the intermittent working of your internet connection.

There might be something in the VR1600 System Log at the moment you lose the internet connection.

Otherwise, a moderator will have to investigate this.

You might need to create a new thread about the problem and reference this thread for troubleshooting.

The VR1600 has the latest firmware.