TPG Community

Get online support

Port forwarding Archer VR1600V Nat Server UE4 7777.

SOLVED Go to solution
sleavie1
Level 2

Trying to open the 7777 port for external internet access. Spent 5 hours on it already.

Unreal Engine Listen Server.
Pressing Play in the editor and Host Game.
Works on a Local IP and port number. 192.168.1.102:7777

Advanced / Status
WAN Interface Name: ewan_pppoe

Advanced / Nat Forwarding / Virtual Servers

Interface Name: ewan_pppoe
Service Type: UE4Editor.exe (TPG support said to use the aplication name. Tried HTTP too)
External Port: 7777
Internal IP: 192.168.1.102
Internal Port: 7777
Protocol: TCP or UDP

ipconfig
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.102

netstat -ab
[UE4Editor.exe]
UDP 0.0.0.0:7777 *:*

netstat -an
UDP 0.0.0.0:7777 *:*

https://canyouseeme.org/ 7777
Connection timed out

canyouseeme.org 9009
Success: I can see your service on 124.XXX.XXX.XXX on port (9009)
Your ISP is not blocking port 9009

Do I have to reboot the modem every time I make a change to the port forwarding entry?

Why is TPG blocking 7777?

Who am I supposed to call to sort this out?

How can I brute force the modem to open the port? (I have an axe)

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @sleavie1 . UE4 is only opening the UDP port so canyouseeme might not be able to see it. 

What program has port 9009 open? Can you set it up to open 7777? Close UE4. Then try canyouseeme again.

In port forwarding, leave the service type blank. You don't need to reboot router each time.

When you try to access UE4 externally, how do you determine your ip address?

View solution in original post

david64
Level 15

@sleavie1 . For external access, you need Dynamic DNS. The router supports no-ip or DynDNS providers. Think of a name to call your server, the provider adds   .ddns.net    to form your internet name. Anytime the router receives a new address from TPG, it sends a mesage to the provider to update your server name with the new address.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @sleavie1 . UE4 is only opening the UDP port so canyouseeme might not be able to see it. 

What program has port 9009 open? Can you set it up to open 7777? Close UE4. Then try canyouseeme again.

In port forwarding, leave the service type blank. You don't need to reboot router each time.

When you try to access UE4 externally, how do you determine your ip address?

sleavie1
Level 2

Thank you for the super fast reply!! You rock!

So I google "what's my ip" and that is the same as the IP that canyouseeme automatically inserts. "118.XXX.XXX.XXX" at the moment.

Discord is 9009.

Worked out what it was. I added an Exception to Windows Defender but it was the wrong Editor. Added the correct editor and Bob's your aunty.

Most importantly, thank you for easing my mind about the details of what's required and that I didn't have to reboot my modem. Knowing all that was perfectly fine meant I could rule it out as a problem allowing me to look elsewhere.

Thank you!!!

david64
Level 15

@sleavie1 . For external access, you need Dynamic DNS. The router supports no-ip or DynDNS providers. Think of a name to call your server, the provider adds   .ddns.net    to form your internet name. Anytime the router receives a new address from TPG, it sends a mesage to the provider to update your server name with the new address.

sleavie1
Level 2

Yep already done that. Cheers You rock Smiley Happy