TPG Community

Get online support

Port forwarding on TP Link Archer VR1600v

Staria
Level 2
Hi
Im playing FF14 and my game keeps freezing. When I raised a ticket, they said I need to “set up your ports so that the below packets can pass through [ports that may be used]
TCP: 80, 443, 54992-54994, 55006-55007, 55021-55040.

I logged into NAT forwarding > Virtual servers.. then I don’t know what I put into external port, Internal IP address, internal port. I need step by step. When I called TPG, the technical department of the call centre had no idea. Have asked for a call back and still nothing.

At my wits end. Please help!
4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @Staria . Can you contact FF14 again and ask this question?

Is the FF14 game program running on your computer trying to make an outbound connection to these ports running on their game server?

Or, does the game program running on your computer open these ports so that something in the internet can connect in to your game program?

Normally, there are no restrictions in Windows firewall or in routers to block outbound connections. Port forwarding is not needed.

When you play the game, how far into it do you get before it freezes? Always same place or occurs randomly?

Staria
Level 2

Hi thanks for your reply. I believe that my connection needs to provide access so these ports can be accessed. My game freezes randomly. The game uses a client to launch. I use a Mac but it really may not be the kind of device used as the system requirements are the same for all devices/OS.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/system_requirements/

Gosh it seems nobody has the answer to how to link it properly. If I could really understand what external and internal port were and which IP address need to use, that would be helpful.

I will ask again TPG and FF14 again because there has to be somebody that understands it all.

After watching a youtube vid, under my DHCP Server (Found by going to Network > LAN Settings, scroll down) I have 2x Unknown Mac addresses.... which did not come up in google search. I have no idea which assigned IP to use and what these 2 things are. They could just be my phone(s).

david64
Level 15

@Staria . If you can find the answer to my questions, I can explain port forwarding.

The statement on their website is misleading.

BTW, what type of NBN connection do you have? Eg. FTTN?

Staria
Level 2

Sorry I misread your first post - I have just asked the 2 questions on my FF14 ticket.

I believe it is HFC connection from Telstra website.

You have been most helpful so far!