TPG Community

Get online support

Possible firmware update needed?

HorrorFanStab
Level 2

Hello, I have  been a Tpg customer for over 5 years, And on a Nbn plan with tpg for last 1 and a half years. I have been having costant drop out the last week or so. There has been a Nbn tech out at my house,  yet the drop out continues. Would a possible firmware fix the issue? i am on  huawei HG659 

version V100R001C216B112

Really not sure what else to do.  Called tpg they have esculated it. 

8xxxxxxxx is my username for my isp account. Thank you if anyone is reading this.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @HorrorFanStab,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your given details and seen that your connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team.

At the moment our Engineering Team is waiting for an available TPG Technician schedule to visit your premises.

I will chase this up with our Engineering Team, and request immediate for a firmware upgrade for your modem/router.  Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

HorrorFanStab
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @HorrorFanStab,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your given details and seen that your connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team.

At the moment our Engineering Team is waiting for an available TPG Technician schedule to visit your premises.

I will chase this up with our Engineering Team, and request immediate for a firmware upgrade for your modem/router.  Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

The conection has been stable for 14hrs,  no drop outs, though the connection speed is slower then it was before i was getting the drops in connect, Is it possible for you to give that a look into?

Thank you.

Shane

Hi @HorrorFanStab,

Can you post a screen shot of the speed test result using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet?
I will pass this to the assigned Engineer for additional reference.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @HorrorFanStab,

Good day! Please be advised that your modem/router's firmware has been upgraded. On the other hand, our Engineering Team is still waiting for NBN Co.'s feedback, further updates will be provided by the assigned Engineer on the escalated fault.

Let me know should yo require further assistance.

Cheers!