TPG Community

Get online support

Printer cannot connect to Sagemcom 5G modem

annhkwan
Level 2

Hello,

I have the same problem with the HP4500 ENVY Printer as Andres.

The issue is the printer can only connect via WPA2-Personal but not WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication but there is no option to enable WPA2-Personal authentication in the Sagemcom 5G modem.

The previous Huiwei NBN had no issues.

Can the Sagemcom 5G modem be updated/fixed to include WPA2?

Thanks and regards,

Ann.

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi annhkwan.

Thanks for bringing this to our Attention, we'd love to help get to the bottom of this. Send us your details (Username/customer ID together with the address on file) we will raise this to our Team for investigation to check if our supplied MODEM SAGEMCOM 5G supports WPA2-Personal authentication Wireless Security.

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/Hoacw-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Regards,

Hello,

I have the same problem with the HP4500 ENVY Printer as Andres.

The issue is the printer can only connect via WPA2-Personal but not WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication but there is no option to enable WPA2-Personal authentication in the Sagemcom 5G modem.

The previous Huiwei NBN had no issues.

Can the Sagemcom 5G modem be updated/fixed to include WPA2?

Thanks and regards,

Ann.

Andres-12
Level 2

Hello annhkwan

please tell me if someone help you with this topic.

i have the same proble stil.

thanks

Angeli

Hi @Andres-12

If your band steering is enabled, try disabling it and alter the 5G SSID name. You can do it by logging in to your modem/router portal. 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Angeli

t99
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have the same problem, with a different printer (Canon MG8150) as Ann and Andres.

Similar to them, I believe the issue is that the printer can only connect via WPA2-Personal but not WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication, and there is no option to enable WPA2-Personal authentication in the Sagemcom 5G modem.

Can the Sagemcom 5G modem be updated/fixed to include WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication?

Thanks,

Tomas

Shane

Hi,

Our supplied Sagemcom 5G modem only support WPA2/WPA3 AES Wireless Security. 

Home Wireless Broadband uses CG-NAT. Carrier-grade NAT (Network Address Translation) is a type of network that assigns services with a private IP address, instead of a dynamic public IP address. Our network will then translate that private address into a public address. This means that the following items (which depend on internal NAT) will not work on Home Wireless Broadband:

• Port forwarding
  • Hosting web, email or file servers internally
  • Smart Home systems (e.g. accessing security camera footage remotely, home automation and printers)
  • Remote Access (i.e. accessing your home computer or devices from another location)

Regards,

Hi,

I have the same problem, with a different printer (Canon MG8150) as Ann and Andres.

Similar to them, I believe the issue is that the printer can only connect via WPA2-Personal but not WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication, and there is no option to enable WPA2-Personal authentication in the Sagemcom 5G modem.

Can the Sagemcom 5G modem be updated/fixed to include WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication?

Thanks,

Tomas

t99
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks very much for the quick reply Shane.

It's curious that the previous modem that I had for 4G (also from TPG) and home wireless broadband did support my printer (did the 4G modem support internal NAT? I think it was the smart home gateway type)

BasilDV

Hi @t99

The difference is the security mode itself for the 5G and 4G modem/router.

Currently, the 5G modem/router only supports WPA2/WPA3 authentication.

If your printer doesn't have the capability to connect to the said authentication, then it will not work.

BasilDV