Replacement router

Grudgeman
Level 2

My old router is playing up, with the wireless continually dropping out. How do I get a replacement one?

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Grudgeman,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let me know of your most convenient time to receive a call so we can have our Technical team to contact and assist you. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Grudgeman
Level 2

Thanks for your reply. This is a pretty old router which has been in the same spot for years. Recently connectivity simply drops out to it for a number of devices (desktop, laptop and phone) and the only way to connect again is to switch it off and on again, which only sometime works. The signal can still be seen but nothing will connect. So I strongly suspect I will need to get a new one.

8 to 6 AEDT time is a good time for contacting me.

Ahra_G

That's noted, @Grudgeman.

I've organised the call back tomorrow, 27 March 2022 between 11am-12nn AEDT. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi Geordie! A replacement modem has already been requested. Once received, you may follow the steps on how to set it up here: New Connection Setup Help

Feel free to reach out to us again should you require any assistance. 

Cheers! 

Ahra_G