Router Upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
jcabrera1352
Level 2

I have an older Huawei router which does not appear to be supported for new firmware upgrades. On my last windows update the computer being updated suggested I change from WAP2 to WAP3 security. Is there a solution available for the Huawei HG658 Home Gateway or is it better to upgrade to a new router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @jcabrera1352 

Welcome to the Community!

Your current modem/router does not support WPA3 security. You have the option to upgrade to a latest or advanced modem/router that support WPA3 security.

Please be informed that if you are under the NBN service, the phone service that is bundled will not work on a third party device.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @jcabrera1352 

Your current modem/router does not support WPA3 security. You have the option to upgrade to a latest or advanced modem/router that support WPA3 security.

Please be informed that if you are under the NBN service, the phone service that is bundled will not work on a third party device.

BasilDV

Okboomer
Level 2
I have a Huawei HG659, can I be sent a new router? Will I need to sign up for another contract? I’ve had this modem for over 4 years.
BasilDV

Hi @Okboomer

You may order a new NBN modem/router with us for $99.95 + $10 shipping fee.

You also have the option to use a third party modem/router, however, the bundled phone will not work.

We've also sent you a PM. Please respond once you've decided.

BasilDV