TPG Community

Get online support

Sagecom 5866T won’t connect to extender

Maketechwork
Level 2
Hi, I’ve read various threads on both this forum and whirlpool about issues with TPGs supplied Sagecom 5G modem not connecting to range extenders. We have a Netgear EX6110 that worked perfectly with our iinet NBN modem. Before signing up to 5G a couple of months ago we specifically asked TPGs sales team if range extenders will work and they said yes (or we wouldn’t have switched); we weren’t even aware of issues at that time. I can’t see any resolution from TPG from posts from others in 2022/23, please advise? This looks to be a common problem, and for us means we are not getting the performance we were sold. Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Maketechwork 

How do you usually connect the extender to the WiFi of your sagemcom?

Is it via App or WPS or manually via extender interface?

Can you see 2 WiFi names from your Sagemcomm or just 1?

If only 1, try to disable the band steering on the modem/router first.

Maketechwork
Level 2
Hi BasilDV, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I’ve been connecting through the WPS button. I get both 2g and 5G extender options on my WiFi. I’ve played around a bit more, reset the device, and have it working now. It glitches a little on web streaming on my tv (performing slightly better on the 5G than 2G option), I haven’t tried it on apps like Netflix or similar yet, but at least look to be up and running.
Thanks again for responding. If there are any further troubles I’ll be back in touch, but hopefully all good from here. Thanks, Adam
BasilDV

Glad that this has been resolved, @Maketechwork 

Have a good day!