TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866 5G Modem - No Green Bars

Paul_T
Level 2

Hello,

I have received a Sagemcom 5866 5G Modem.

I am pluged in and using it. Happy with speed but un-happy that I dont have Green Bars to indicate that I am on a 5G network (from the tower). Customer care, IT support and website all tell my my address is in 5g area. I still have a ticket open for this matter.

I do not mean devices connecting to my WIFI router as 2.4GHz vs 5GHz, im talking about 5g connection from TPG tower to my Modem. (my laptop is connected to modem via cable so no Wifi to devise issues)

As far as I am awear, the 4 indicatior lights need to bee green to indicate I am pulling 5g from the tower vs orange/amber indicator lights show I am pulling 4g Signal.

I am close to a window etc. I have even taken my modem on an extension cord and sat in my backyard with no trees etc and still only Amber lights. Thus no excuse for not being close to a window or other interference.

Customer team keeps telling me that I have fast speeds so you are on 5g network, but the indicatoor light say different! 

Need to be sure / have green indicator lights to stay on otherwise this product is not as advertised.

Does anyone else have this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @Paul_T.

What speed are you currently getting? What is the current light status of your modem/router?

Have you tried to factory reset the modem/router?

BasilDV

Paul_T
Level 2

Hello Basil,

Currently receiving 70-80Mbps up and 20Mbps down.

Lights are as per my uploaded picture.

No. None of the various IT engineers that i have spoken to over the many days, at TPG, have not mentioned any resets.

BasilDV

Thank you @Paul_T.

Could you run a speed test and provide a screenshot of the result?

We also want to check your account further. Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

Paul_T
Level 2

Hello Basil.

See attached

tomh
Level 2

I have the same issue. 

I've tried following the troubleshooting steps in https://support.tpg.com.au/troubleshooting-5g-home-broadband-no-connection

I get 4 bars for the signal lights. They turn green for a few minutes and then become orange. The internet connection doesn't work.

Shane

Hi @tomh,

Let us help see what causing issues with the service and get to the bottom of this, could you send us a PM with your details to better understand the connection.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I have the same issue. 

I've tried following the troubleshooting steps in https://support.tpg.com.au/troubleshooting-5g-home-broadband-no-connection

I get 4 bars for the signal lights. They turn green for a few minutes and then become orange. The internet connection doesn't work.

tomh
Level 2

Thanks, Shane. I've sent you a PM with some details. Let me know what other details you need.

lukejakal
Level 2
Hi Shane,
I’m having the same issue as this. Got my modem a few days ago and haven’t got it working yet. Just getting the orange bars, no green bars.
Can you please help?
BasilDV

Hi @lukejakal

We'd like to check on the status of your account and see how can we help.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV