TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866T - remote access to modem

SOLVED Go to solution
vincentb
Level 2

Hi,

I have the Sagemcom 5866Tmodem. 

I have security cameras connected to this modem and sometimes need to restart the modem to reconnect to these cameras. I can manualy do this when i am home or connected directly via the 192.168.1.1

Anyone knows how i could do this from a remote location? Connecting to the modem from out of range?

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Master

@vincentb . TPG can download firmware to Sagemcom but must do it from inside the 5G network, not the internet.

If the 5G connection drops out, it shoudn't affect the connection to the local devices. Devices further away from Sagemcom should be on 2.4GHz band; devices closer can be on 5GHz band.

If you need to login from internet, you need a regular NBN connection.If you need to control smart devices, the device needs, say, a web server to use with your mobile browser, or some app. Each device needs a reserved local ip address. The remote app would use a different port number to refer to each local device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Master

Hi @vincentb . The 5G broadband uses CG-NAT. This prevents remote access to your home network from the internet.

What is the problem with the cameras that they disconnect from the wifi?

vincentb
Level 2

Good to know that there is no ways to remote control this modem.

The 5g for my modem is sometimes jumping. The cameras are rarely but sometimes not reconnecting to the modem after a loos of connection. The best way to reset all the system is to restart the modem.

I might find a smart plug to program at distance on/off or woudl you have an other solution?

david64
Master

@vincentb . TPG can download firmware to Sagemcom but must do it from inside the 5G network, not the internet.

If the 5G connection drops out, it shoudn't affect the connection to the local devices. Devices further away from Sagemcom should be on 2.4GHz band; devices closer can be on 5GHz band.

If you need to login from internet, you need a regular NBN connection.If you need to control smart devices, the device needs, say, a web server to use with your mobile browser, or some app. Each device needs a reserved local ip address. The remote app would use a different port number to refer to each local device.